The following instructions apply to the Spotlight Blog as well, except that the blog submission period is ongoing. Simply mark your submission as “Blog Submission” in the subject line of your email.
ABOUT LOST PEN MAGAZINE ISSUE 4: THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2020. The theme is “Christ Alone.”
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Examples of what we are looking for: poetry, short stories (1000-1500 words), flash fiction (100-500 words), articles (1000-1500 words), art, photography, movie and book reviews (500-1000 words), testimonies (500-1000 words), and devotionals (500-1000 words). If you have an idea that isn’t mentioned here, contact us about it.
- Pieces that have been submitted elsewhere that are older than 6 months are permitted, as long as contributors are permitted to resubmit it. Please mention in your submission email that the piece has been published elsewhere and include the name of the publication and the publication date. Note: It is up to contributors to verify the permissions/restrictions concerning their pieces.
- All accepted written pieces will be edited by the editorial team. Contributors of pieces that require extensive editing will be contacted by the editorial team. That said, it is expected that all pieces should have been edited to the best of your ability upon submission.
- Please include a short bio (max 50 words) and two social media links/website URL with your submission. If no content is submitted, a blank space will appear next to your name on the the Contributors page.
- For art submissions, please send high-resolution .jpeg or .png only. It is up to the contributor to ensure they have all the permissions required to submit a piece.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be marked “Lost Pen Magazine Submission.”
Pieces that do not follow these guidelines may be immediately refused.
Not every submitted piece will be accepted. In some cases, and with permission, we may opt to publish a piece on the Spotlight Blog instead.
A word about what we publish: We’re looking for work that has a clear Christ-centred theme that fosters unity in the Body, focuses on the love of God, and on the fruits of the Spirit. The magazine strives to celebrate the One who gave us our gifts and talents, and the opportunity to create for His glory. For this reason, please do not submit work containing profanity, or gratuitous sexual or related content. If you are unsure if your submission is suitable, I invite you to contact us.
Lost Pen Magazine is non-denominational. However, for an idea of the core beliefs LPM hold to, you may consult the Apostle’s Creed.
In submitting your work you confirm that you have read and have agreed to the following:
*That you are the owner or creator of the work(s) submitted and that you give your permission for them to be used in the Lost Pen Magazine; that you accept your submissions will be edited as needed to fit the magazine’s quality and aesthetic parameters.
**It is the responsibility of the contributor to ensure that they have the proper rights and permissions prior to submitting their content. Also, verifying facts, citations, and statements in submitted content is the contributor’s responsibility. This includes properly citing quoted, paraphrased, or otherwise “borrowed” information.
Questions? Please use the contact form below.