The following instructions apply to the Spotlight Blog as well, except that the blog submission period is ongoing. Simply mark your submission as “Blog Submission” in the subject line of your email.
NOTE: THE SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR ISSUE 4 IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2020. The theme is Christ Alone.
- Examples of what we are looking for: poetry, short stories (1000-1500 words), flash fiction stories (100-500 words), articles (1000-1500 words), art, photography, movie and book reviews (500-1000 words), testimonies (500-1000 words). If you have an idea that isn’t mentioned, contact us about it.
- Pieces that have been submitted elsewhere that are older than 6 months are permitted, as long as contributors are permitted to resubmit it. Please mention in your submission email that the piece has been published elsewhere and include the name of the publication. Note: It is up to contributors to verify the permissions/restrictions concerning their pieces.
- All pieces should have been edited to the best of your ability upon submission.
- Please include a short bio (max 100 words) and your social media links/website URL with your submission.
- Send submissions to email@example.com.
Pieces that do not follow these guidelines may be immediately refused.
Not every submitted piece will be accepted. In some cases, and with permission, we may opt to publish a piece on the Spotlight Blog instead.
A word about what constitutes “Christian writing”: We’re looking for work that has a clear Christ-related theme or connection. It’s important that the magazine celebrates the One who gave us our gifts and talents and the opportunity to create. For this reason, please do not submit work containing gross profanity or gratuitous sexual or related content. If you are unsure if your submission is suitable, I invite you to contact us.
In submitting your work you confirm that you have read and have agreed to the following:
*That you are the owner or creator of the work(s) submitted and that you give your permission for them to be used in the magazine; that you also accept that submissions may be edited as needed to fit the magazine’s quality and aesthetic parameters. In the case where a lot of editing is required, contributors may be contacted to discuss necessary changes before moving forward.
**It is the responsibility of the contributor to ensure that they have the proper rights and permissions prior to submitting their content. Also, verifying the facts and statements in submitted content is the contributor’s responsibility. This includes properly citing quoted, paraphrased, or otherwise “borrowed” information.
For questions, please use the contact form below.