The following instructions apply to the Spotlight Blog as well, except that the blog submission period is ongoing. Simply mark your submission as “Blog Submission” in the subject line of your email.
THE SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR LOST PEN MAGAZINE ISSUE 4 IS CLOSED. Please watch for updates about the submission period and theme for Issue 5.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Examples of what we are looking for: poetry, short stories (1000-1500 words), flash fiction (100-500 words), articles (1000-1500 words), art, photography, movie and book reviews (500-1000 words), testimonies (500-1000 words), and devotionals (500-1000 words). If you have an idea that isn’t mentioned here, contact us about it.
- Pieces that have been submitted elsewhere that are older than 6 months are permitted, as long as contributors are permitted to resubmit it. Please mention in your submission email that the piece has been published elsewhere and include the name of the publication and the publication date. Note: It is up to contributors to verify the permissions/restrictions concerning their pieces.
- All accepted written pieces will be edited by the editorial team. Contributors of pieces that require extensive editing will be contacted by the editorial team. That said, it is expected that ALL submitted pieces will have been edited to the best of the contributor’s ability upon submission. Please consider using resources like Grammarly and ProWritingAid to support your editing efforts.
- Please include a short bio (max 50 words) and one social media link/website URL with your submission. If no content is submitted, a blank space will appear next to your name on the the Contributors page.
- For art submissions, please send high-resolution .jpeg or .png only. It is up to the contributor to ensure they have all the permissions required to submit a piece.
- Send submissions to email@example.com. Submissions should be marked “Lost Pen Magazine Submission.”
- NEW: Should you like to advertise your Christian book, service, or business with us, please contact us using the contact form below. Full-page and half-page ads are possible. Fees vary depending on the ad’s placement in the magazine. Our aim to to have 2-3 ads included in Issue 4. Requirements:
- Ads must be Christian oriented and contain no offensive content.
- Advertisers are responsible for producing their ads. We suggest researching best advertising practices beforehand to ensure the best possible result.
- Fees must be paid in full before magazine publication.
Submissions that do not follow these guidelines may be immediately refused.
Not every submitted piece will be accepted. In some cases, and with permission, we may opt to publish a piece on the Spotlight Blog instead.
In submitting your work you confirm that you have read and have agreed to the following:
- That you are the owner or creator of the work(s) submitted; that you give your permission for them to be used in the Lost Pen Magazine; that you accept your submissions will be edited as needed to fit the magazine’s quality and aesthetic parameters.
- You understand and accept that LPM offers no monetary compensation for publishing your submitted work.
- It is the responsibility of the contributor to ensure that they have the proper rights and permissions to their submitted work prior to submission. Also, verifying facts and citing sources is the contributor’s responsibility. This includes properly citing quoted, paraphrased, or otherwise “borrowed” information.
Lost Pen Magazine is non-denominational. However, for an idea of the core beliefs LPM hold to, you may consult the Apostle’s Creed.
Questions? Please use the contact form below.